For those of you who love cheese, this recipe is a delightful appetizer that can be served with crackers, tortilla chips, or even vegetables. It is simple to make and can be such a crowd pleaser that your guests will be yelling, “Cheese Please!”
2 cups of shredded cheese (cheddar)
2 packages of cream cheese (8 ounces each)
2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp of pimento, finely chopped
1 tbsp of onion, finely chopped
½ cup of carrots, shredded
1 tbsp of green pepper, finely chopped
1 tbsp of red pepper, finely chopped
1 tsp of lemon juice
1 cup of poppy seeds
Alternate: if you dislike poppy seeds you can use various types of nuts like pecans or walnuts or you can use sesame seeds or even parsley flakes.
To create a master piece:
- Remove cream cheese from the fridge and allow it to soften.
- Wash all vegetables.
- Chop pimento, onion, and peppers.
- Shred the carrots
- Press the vegetables between two sheets of paper towel to remove as much water as possible.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all the vegetables and toss.
- Shred the cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Fold until blended.
- Fold vegetable mixture into cheese mixture and stir together until well blended.
- Pour cheese into a round bowl and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Pop cheese ball onto a platter and cover with poppy seeds (or finely chopped nuts if you prefer, pecans and walnuts work best)
- Serve cold with crackers, tortilla chips or veggies.
Instead of placing the completed mixture into a bowl for setting, you can shape the cheese into a ball and then roll into the poppy seeds.
Before you place the cheese ball into the bowl for shaping, line the bowl with wax paper or saran wrap. When the cheese has been shaped, all you will need to do is pull the wax paper to pop the cheese out of the bowl.
Do you have a party recipe