Mmm, cheesecake. I have rarely met a person that didn’t like it and it usually goes over very well at any type of dinner or party that I have. It is full of calories but it is also full of taste and it is that taste that so many of the guests enjoy.
At a baby shower, I like to try to slice the cake into small slices so it doesn’t fill up my guests too much. It can be perfect for any type of shower and goes very well with a nice cup of tea or coffee at the end of the baby shower when everyone is simply enjoying the dessert.
What you need:
- ¾ Cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ cup of butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese (I prefer Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of all purpose flour
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup of sugar (white)
- 4 eggs
- One can of pie filling either cherry, blueberry or strawberry
- Whipped Cream (optional - naughty but nice)
Creating a Cheesecake Dessert Masterpiece:
- In a medium sized bowl, add the graham crackers and slowly combine the butter.
- Mix until the graham crackers are moist.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan.
- In a large bowl, place the cream cheese and cut it with a knife before blending it with an electric mixer.
- Blend until it begins to smooth and then slowly pour in the sugar.
- Again, mix until well blended and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour in the milk slowly into the cream cheese with the electric mixer set on medium.
- Add the eggs but do so one at a time making sure that they are well blended before you put in the next egg.
- Combine the vanilla, sour cream and flour in a separate bowl and then add it to the cream cheese mixture.
- Once it is well blended, pour into the spring form pan slowly to prevent the crust from rising.
- Bake at 350° for one hour or until the cake has set. Allow to cool completely before you place in the fridge.
- Just before serving, add the pie filling to the top and finish off with whipped cream.
- Serve cold.
Do you have a party recipe