Below are excerpts from well-known children’s books. Can you name the story? There’s a prize for whoever gets the most correct!
1. Who’s that trip trapping over my bridge?
2. “If you become a bird and fly away from me,” said his mother, “I will be a tree that you come home to.”
3. “I love you as high as I can reach,” said Little Nutbrown Hare.
4. In the great green room, there was a telephone, and a red balloon, and a picture of... The cow jumping over the moon.
5. On Monday he ate through one apple. But he was still hungry.
6. “Someone’s been sleeping in my bed,” wailed Baby Bear, “and she’s still in it!”
7. Suddenly he felt the floor moving under him! Quite by accident he had stepped onto an escalator- and up he went! “Could this be a mountain?” he wondered. “I think I’ve always wanted to climb a mountain.”
8. I see a red bird looking at me.
9. Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, it was the custom of all the fathers and mothers in China to give their first and honored sons great long names. But second sons were given hardly any name at all.
10. I meant what I said. And I said what I meant. An elephants faithful One hundred percent!
11. Skit skat skoodle doot. Flip flop flee. Everybody’s running to the coconut tree.
Mamas and papas and uncles and aunts hug their little dears, then dust their pants.
12. “Why he looks just like my old Bunny that was lost when I had scarlet fever!”
But he never knew that it really was his old Bunny, come back to look at the child who had first helped him to be Real.
13. But those trees! Those Trees! Those truffula trees! All my life I’d been searching for trees such as these.
14. “Please, Shiny New Engine, won’t you please pull our train over the mountain? Our engine has broken down, and the boys and girls on the other side won’t have any toys to play with or good food to eat unless you help us.”
15. I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there’s gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a ...
16. On a rainy Saturday during vacation he found a quite extraordinary one. It was flaming red, shiny, and perfectly round, like a marble. As he was studying this remarkable pebble, he began to shiver, probably from excitement, and the rain felt cold on his back. “I wish it would stop raining,” he said.
17. “Remember, Jack, she’s all we have,” his mother called after him. “Be sure you get a good price for her.”
18. “I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in.”
19. They roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth.
20. When you give him the milk, he’ll probably ask you for a straw.
1. The Three Billy Goats Gruff
2. The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
3. Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
4. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
6. Goldilocks and the Three Bears
7. Corduroy by Don Freeman
8. Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? By Eric Carle
9. Tikki Tikki Tembo by Arlene Mosel
10. Horton Hatches the Egg by Dr. Seuss
11. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault
12. The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
13. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
14. The Little Engine the Could by Watty Piper
15. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
16. Sylvester and the Magic Pebble by William Steig
17. Jack and the Beanstalk
18. The Three Little Pigs
19. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
20. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
Do you have an addition to this baby shower game or a new game to add to our site? Email it!